THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE RULES AND GUIDELINES TO GOVERN THE ELECTION INTO THE EXECUTIVE OFFICES OF THE NIGERIA COMMUNITY RUSSIA 2017
1. ELECTIVE OFFICES:
Pursuant to Section 9 of the Constitution of the Nigeria Community Russia as amended in 2017, the following executive offices are open to all potential candidates to contest for during the elections:
a. Office of the President/Vice President;
b. Office of the Secretary General;
c. Office of the Public relations Secretary (PRO);
d. Office of the Legal Adviser;
e. Office of the Sports and Social Secretary;
f. Office of the Student Affairs Secretary;
g. Office of the Welfare Secretary;
h. Office of the Treasurer;
i. Office of the Financial Secretary.
2A. MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES FOR POTENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR THE ELECTIONS:
1. All potential candidates must be registered and ID card carrying members of the Nigeria Community Russia;
2. All potential candidates’ name and particulars must be registered in the Voters Register maintained by the Electoral Committee;
3. Each potential candidate must have met his/her financial obligations to the Nigeria Community Russia; otherwise he/she will not be registered to vote;
4. Each potential candidate must be physically present to register him/herself on the 3rd of June 2017 at a venue to be announced by the Electoral Committee;
5. The age limit for all potential candidates shall be from Thirty (30) years to Sixty five (65) years;
6. All potential candidates should have a good command of both English and Russian languages;
7. Such candidates must have lived in Russia for not less than two (2) years.
2B. SPECIAL PROVISIONS FOR THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT:
1. Every candidate who has the intention to contest for the office of the president must nominate and register beforehand, a suitably qualified person to serve as his/her vice president;
2. Hence a vote for the office of the president is automatically a vote for the nominated vice president;
3. This section of this Electoral Law is enacted to ensure that the president and vice president are like minded individuals, who will deliberate and act harmoniously in carrying out and fulfilling their duties to the Nigeria Community Russia.
3. MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES FOR INDIVIDUAL VOTERS PARTICIPATING IN THE ELECTIONS:
1. All voters must be registered and ID card carrying members of the Nigeria Community Russia;
2. All voters’ names and particulars must be registered in the Voters Register maintained by the Electoral Committee;
3. Each voter must have met his/her financial obligations to the Nigeria Community Russia; otherwise he/she will not be registered to vote;
4. Each voter must be physically present to register him/herself on the 3rd of June 2017 at a venue to be announced by the Electoral Committee.
4. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS:
1. All candidates must obtain Candidate Registration Forms (CRF) for a non-refundable fee of ten thousand (10,000) rubles for the office of the president and vice president, seven thousand (7,000) rubles for the office of the secretary and five thousand (5,000) rubles for all other offices,
2. The Candidate Registration Forms must be completed and submitted to the Electoral Committee on the 3rd of June 2017 at a venue to be announced by the Electoral Committee;
3. On the day of the election, specified amounts of time shall be allotted to all candidates to give brief manifestos before voting commences;
4. All candidates are required to submit written copies (in brief) of their manifestos to the Electoral Committee on or before the day of Elections;
5. Where any candidate for any office is returned unopposed, he/she will nonetheless give a brief manifesto before the commencement of voting;
6. Upon the conclusion of voting, members of the Electoral Committee shall count the votes for each candidate and declare the winner of each office;
7. The candidate who has a simple majority of the votes for each office shall be declared the winner of the election;
8. The winners of the elections may, immediately, be sworn into office by the Electoral Committee, or the swearing-in ceremonies may be conducted at a later date to be appointed by the committee;
9. The Electoral Committee may disqualify any candidate(s) on or before the day of the election if it has reasonable grounds to do so.
10. The elections shall be conducted on the 10th of June, 2017 at a venue to be announced by the Electoral Committee.
In this Electoral law, unless the context otherwise requires:
“Constitution” means the Constitution of the Nigeria Community Russia as amended 2017;
“President means the president of the executive members of the Nigeria Community Russia;
“Secretary” means the secretary of the Nigeria Community Russia.
“Chairman” means the Chairman of the Electoral Committee;
“Committee” means the Electoral committee established by the constitution of the Nigeria Community Russia;
“Members” means a member of the Electoral committee and includes the Chairman;
“Voter(s)” mean registered persons who shall vote for the candidates.
Barrister Julius Aririgozi (Chairman Electoral Committee)
Cell No; +7 (905) 108-89-58